MAD Ultimate Challenge – I : Rise of the MADtee

Lo and behold! The basic design of the t-shirt(MADtee) is now ready. As announced here, the MADtee would consist of statements which would start with “You know you are a MADdie if:”

The MADtee now will sport these statements:

“If the thing that flashes through your mind before passing out after cashing your bike into a truck is ‘Who’se gonna take my class.” (By Jonva)

“You don’t show up for a movie and your friends sell your ticket thinking you’re off being MAD!!” (By Jonva)

“People start using the word MAD as your surname.” (By Jake)

“You stop cribbing and start doing.” (By Jithin)

“You know you don’t need capes and tights to Make A Difference” (By Noorul)

“When you know you are far from perfect but you still try to put up an appearance” (By Jr)

“You wear this T Shirt all the time.” (By Jr)

Here, finally is the MADtee

MADtee

So will you wear this all the time???

Now for the voucher prize …. *DRUM ROLL*

Not only are the winner’s statements on the tshirt, he is the same person who actually designed it too… And the winner is Jonva!

*Round of applause for Jonva*

Suggestions and comments are welcome :)

Comments

1. Xavier says

Congrats jonva! And nice design..why were you missio at pallu yesterday??

2. Xavier says

Congrats jonva! And nice design..why were you missio at pallu yesterday??

3. Jonva says

@xavier ;Missing at Pallu cuz I’d my GRE class dude.. would it really have made a difference in the scores anyways :D

4. Jonva says

5. Satya Hari Kishore says

I am a little late for blogging. I am new to MAD. Can i give a one-liner of mine, is there any scope for a new statement to be added to the MADtee?

6. Satya Hari Kishore says

7. Satya Hari Kishore says

I am glad to know that i can give my statement,

You know you’re a MADdie if…

” You know the worth of your freedom ”

How is it Jonva?

8. Satya Hari Kishore says

I am glad to know that i can give my statement,

You know you’re a MADdie if…

” You know the worth of your freedom ”

How is it Jonva?

9. Jonva says

@glo: Hmmmm……
    @rakesh: thats ‘nikil’. pooja dsnt use the ‘h’ in my name. and yea..niki is NEVER to be associated with art he he :) big mistake. you should hear ‘Ninnakkoree varnam’ feat. Niki..you’ll see

10. Jonva says

@glo: Hmmmm……

11. Pooja says

hey..why is all the mad t shirts black ??

cant we pick a new colour for a change ?

12. Pooja says

hey..why is all the mad t shirts black ??

cant we pick a new colour for a change ?

13. Pooja says

no seriously i have seen many other colours that stand out…dont u think we can try out a change ??

14. Pooja says

Hey Satya dude,
    Don’t want to do an overhaul of the designs now since a lot of effort went into it.. This event anyhow is closed for now.. So tell you what, roll up your socks, put your blogging shoes on and keep watching this space for the MAD Ultimate Challenge 2.. It’s gonna come soon.. You can hit us with all you got then.. How does that sound?? :)

Pooja,
    The idea behind making MADtees black is very simple :
    1. Black Shirt + Jeans = Youth Uniform
    2. Universal colour = Suits everybody

And it especially makes sense for this as there is a lot of writing involved, and as Anu put it, the text stands out..

And anyhow, I seriously don’t think Pink is the colour to go on this.. :D

Hey Satya dude,

Pooja,
    The idea behind making MADtees black is very simple :
    1. Black Shirt + Jeans = Youth Uniform
    2. Universal colour = Suits everybody

And anyhow, I seriously don’t think Pink is the colour to go on this.. :D

17. Pooja says

What about BLUE ?? why not a change :)

im sure it goes with the above two conditions!!

18. Pooja says

What about BLUE ?? why not a change :)

im sure it goes with the above two conditions!!

(sigh) Ok, I guess we can do a prelim of that and see how it works out..

But but, hold on a sec.. I missed something here did I??

Glo! What’s wrong with MADDIE?? It’s got a nice ring to it don’t you think.. Better than MADster anyhow.. MADster sounds like something your strict English sir would use during the lunch break now doesn’t it?? :P He he he he

(sigh) Ok, I guess we can do a prelim of that and see how it works out..

But but, hold on a sec.. I missed something here did I??

21. Pooja says

MADster sounds like someone who is teaching yet MAD..Arent we all that ?

i support glo in this !! :)

and yipppe!! try out blue its nice :) i saw one of the Aisec T shirts !

22. Pooja says

MADster sounds like someone who is teaching yet MAD..Arent we all that ?

i support glo in this !! :)

and yipppe!! try out blue its nice :) i saw one of the Aisec T shirts !

23. meril says

Oyes.., sawrie im late…
    Super design Jonva mone .. :D
    and, Jr, im stickin on wid Glo and Pooja here, MADster sounds better than MADdie, and the “die part is in caps.. { Y ?}
    and, i need a tee and pls pls, dont make me look like an idiot{clumsy}., order the smallest size available for girls.
    FYI, the size “smallest” is different for boys and girls. (sigh)

24. meril says

Oyes.., sawrie im late…
    Super design Jonva mone .. :D
    FYI, the size “smallest” is different for boys and girls. (sigh)

Whoa ho ho ho!! MADster?? Seriously?? That sounds ODD!! Wake up and hear how it sounds Shorty, Pooja !! :D

And, why are you all being so negative.. Stop reading MADDIE as MAD and DIE..!!

Hey mabye we can make it MADIE.. Does that solve all the issues you guys have?

And, why are you all being so negative.. Stop reading MADDIE as MAD and DIE..!!

Hey mabye we can make it MADIE.. Does that solve all the issues you guys have?

27. harsha says

jr! seriously! i agree with meril! u better have a girl with you while ordering the t-shirts! “smal” for guys and gals are different. this time U are NOT gonna give meri and me over-sized “small” tees :D

28. harsha says

I don’t think any Tee Company makes Tees the size of you two!

I mean, Jeez, you wore the kids sizes for the camp.. We’d have to have it specially done I suppose! :P

I don’t think any Tee Company makes Tees the size of you two!

31. Paul says

Hey…I agree….MADster sounds way cooler than MADdie!!MADDIE sounds weird!!

32. Paul says

Hey…I agree….MADster sounds way cooler than MADdie!!MADDIE sounds weird!!

33. Vinaya says

but MADdie sounds simple and nice… madster is a lil hard to pronounce (for instance if i have a lisp i would have to keep pointing to the tee to let ppl kno what i am)

34. Vinaya says

35. harsha says

hey maddie doesnt sound weird! it sounds fine as long as u dont pronounce it as mad-die!! n madie is a bad idea!

36. harsha says

37. Vrinda says

Hey, how do currently-out-of-action-because-of-a-lot-of-reasons MAD die/ster person like me get a tee? dont tell me i cant…

38. Vrinda says

Well, since I’m the first one responding to this comment, it all depends on what you root for.. (Maddie! Maddie!)

On the more serious side, you can have all the tees you want as long as you pay for em! :P

On further thought, Vrinda Varma are you?

On further thought, Vrinda Varma are you?

41. Jonva says

we should take opinions only from pple who are over 6 feet eh junior?he he he he he…that’d negate harsha,meril,Paul,natsha and Glo HA HA HA A HA HA HA(evil laughter) :P

he he i propose a poll…(before paul runs for his dancing shoes and dupatta…let me clarify my intentions. i meant Poll, not Pole :))

yea junior,so poll?

42. Jonva says

yea junior,so poll?

43. jithin says

Awesome design jonva… What a dumb name…Jonva !! I should’ve got tht voucher anyway !!!!

Yea..an am with Perky Pooja on the Colour…would love something other than black !!

44. jithin says

45. Jonva says

congratualtions sr, u’ve just discovered the lamest of all Jabs. :D
    we should have polls on color and MADster and MADdie

46. Jonva says

congratualtions sr, u’ve just discovered the lamest of all Jabs. :D
    we should have polls on color and MADster and MADdie

(sigh) Seriously, do we have to? I mean, the design already says Maddie after all!!

Colours I guess are not that big an issue.. After all we’ve the designs.. Jonva, draw up some prelims won’t you?? :D

People, what all colours would you like to see??

People, what all colours would you like to see??

49. Pooja says

finally someone agrees with me.. ..sigh.. !!

And yea !! blue :) its for a cause to keep ppl aware. well dont suggest “yellow” or” pink ” just a sky blue or something that goes for 99 percent of the ppl.

ps : no navy blue please : it is just like black :)

jonva.. dont worry i like you name…jithins just jealous , all he has is president . can i have your free tee ?:):)

50. Pooja says

finally someone agrees with me.. ..sigh.. !!

ps : no navy blue please : it is just like black :)

@ Pooja,
    Sky Blue?? :O

@ Madhura, Anu,
    That makes, er well, several of us!! :D

@ Polly,
    See nobody minds if it’s Maddie!! :D

@ Pooja,
    Sky Blue?? :O

@ Madhura, Anu,
    That makes, er well, several of us!! :D

@ Polly,
    See nobody minds if it’s Maddie!! :D

53. Jonva says

@junior shithead: thats ALL of us. and i get it for free HAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA

54. Jonva says

55. meril says

guess what, i alwaiz thot jonvas a gud kid, not any more.., u evil draconian “taller than me” jerk!!! {are u a 6 footer? }
    and …. MADSTER sounds way more cool, like… gangSTER, mobSTER, something that conveys the info that we really will go all extends to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
    Think of MADDIE…, sounds like caddie, paddy, saadi {saari}… yuck, so boring.. hehe

56. meril says

Now see, that proves my point precisely.. You see, when people see us wearing this tee, they should come up and ask what MAD is..

If they are reminded of Gangsters and Mobsters, they wouldn’t do that now would they? :P

Maddie is NOT boring, it’s adorable.. The questions would be flocking to the one wearing the tee.. :D

Thanks for clearing all that up Meril ji. :D

Thanks for clearing all that up Meril ji. :D

59. Paul says

adorable?i really don wana sound adorable…MADster is definitely cooler u guys!!it has tht ‘X’ factor tht Maddie lacks…

60. Paul says

61. harsha says

haha Meril u compared MADster with gangster and mobster?!? lol
    haha wt say now paul?!?! :P

62. harsha says

haha Meril u compared MADster with gangster and mobster?!? lol
    haha wt say now paul?!?! :P

63. Pooja says

yes i agree! pleas eno adorable…

then again…why does jr wanna wear something ADORABLE ?

64. Pooja says

yes i agree! pleas eno adorable…

then again…why does jr wanna wear something ADORABLE ?

Because I AM adorable? :D

Besides, what do you want to wear then? A tee that reminds people of criminals and violence and bloodshed (as Meril so rightly pointed out) and then tell them that we are ACTUALLY volunteers of a good cause??

Na, don’t think so.. My vote still goes for Maddie.. :)

Because I AM adorable? :D

Na, don’t think so.. My vote still goes for Maddie.. :)

Or wait, how about truce.. We don’t use either Madster or Maddie..

How about we say ‘You know you’re M.A.D Material if :’

That fine folks?

Or wait, how about truce.. We don’t use either Madster or Maddie..

How about we say ‘You know you’re M.A.D Material if :’

That fine folks?

69. Paul says

thts great!!MAD material is fine!!
    n MADster doesn not remind u of violence or criminals…its cool lyk gangsters n mobsters is wat she said!!

70. Paul says

thts great!!MAD material is fine!!

Looks like I missed out on a lotta of voting….
    @Jr – can’t we have a poll or something ;)

I still stand by MADster…. MADdie somehow sounds like an MTV VJ’s nickname or something… :D M.A.D material is fine too…but shouldn’t we coin a term for ourselves anyway?
    What do we call MAD volunteers anyway….MADdies, MADsters, MADders, MAD people..?…

Looks like I missed out on a lotta of voting….
    @Jr – can’t we have a poll or something ;)

Ok ok.. I’ve got a flash of inspiration..

So, the Tee will say :

‘You know you’re M.A.D if.. ‘

Glo, we can have all the polls you want, but I’m not gonna be able to live with myself if I give any sort of chance to MADster.. He he he he :P

Ok ok.. I’ve got a flash of inspiration..

So, the Tee will say :

‘You know you’re M.A.D if.. ‘

There is also a certain swear word, that starts with ‘B’ that rhymes great with MADster. Now now, we don’t want that happening eh, Pooja?? :P