The Vai-Yem-Jee-Yayy Boyz Present : The YMCA Farewell :D

We had been thinking of planning a camp for our kids for so long.. But the end of the term proved to be too soon to do anything.. So we had to settle for an impromptu Farewell to round off a great year at the YMCA Boys Home, Thrikkakara…

And, finally, Jr. wasn’t the first to arrive and end up waiting.. Arjun and Karthik beat me to it by five minutes.. A big ‘Yayy!!’ to them.. :D

We all got there by 5, and were waiting for Eobin, the last one to come, to arrive..

And, (sigh) Arun had already embarked on the usual wierd photographer business that he’s so fond of..

dsc05318 dsc05320

Have to say though, the guy does a good job at times.. Even when me and Karthik are there to disrupt proceedings .. :)

img_7484 img_7491

Arjun : It would’ve been nice if we could play football…

Karthik : Let’s play FOOTBALL !! Yayy !!

Kids : Yayy !! Bolo Karthik Chetan Ki !!

Jr : Permission??

Arjun : Warden, give us permission.. !! NOW !!

Warden : Knock yourself out !!

Arjun : Will knocking out Jr. do??

Paul : Yayy !!

Jr. : Wait, what ??? :O

Warden : Deal !!

Karthik/Kids/Jr : Football.. YAYY !!

Paul : What if a kid yells at me?? I’ll cry !! (10 second pause)

Karthik/Kids/Jr : Football.. YAYY !!

img_7524

img_7539

img_7535 img_7536

img_7526 img_7540

Karthik : Goal !! Knock out Jr.. Yayy !!

Jr: What? Wait… Aaaaaaargghhh.. (Glasses fly off, gets gutted due to over enthusiastic celebrations) :

img_7528 img_7534

Final Score – Jr’s Big Kids 2 : 3 Eobin’s Small Kids..

Question : What did like Karthik look like after we’d lost?? Answer :

img_7547

The YMCA Warriors Team Pic :

img_7554

Time to go inside and cut cake..

Wait, who that??

Somebody : Sanju and Prez that !! (Wait, who do we call Prez now?? I say we reserve it for Sr.) Yayy !! :D

Time for the Farewell video :

img_7564 dsc05347

Time to cut cake :

The YMCA Farewell Song :

“We’re Haaaving Farewell,
YMCA, Farewell…”  x2 (Copyright: Kaddy Maddy)

img_7572 dsc05353

Jr : Karthik, how’s the cake??

Karthik : (predictably) Awwwwesomeness, dooood…

Jr : (sigh)

Time for the days final activity : Card making, courtesy, the recently bald, Mr. Eobin G (Jee!!)

img_7579 dsc05376

dsc05379 dsc05383

Arun and Prakash has a final farewell gift for us :

dsc05393

dsc05392

And, NO, (sigh) I don’t want to comment on the above pic.. Don’t they have mess halls down at CUSAT??

Time for the Volunteer Family Pic :

dsc01364

To conclude : One helluva farewell to wind up one helluva year..

Note : The Vai-Yem-Jee-Yayy Boyz (+2 girls) will be back next year, Bigger, Badder, Better and with more Kick Ass Farewells, Onams and Christmases..

As Orphanage Head, the only thing I feel like saying is :

WOOOOHOOOOO !! :D

Comments

1. Rizwana Tharola says

he he @Jr wow u really need to insure ur body he he as long the awesome crazy Karthik is with you ;)
    cool descriptn of the farewell :)

2. Rizwana Tharola says

cool descriptn of the farewell :)

3. harsha says

@jr
    i hope the weight of the armor doesnt bring you down! :P

and hey nice snaps!:)

4. harsha says

@jr
    i hope the weight of the armor doesnt bring you down! :P

and hey nice snaps!:)

ya..the paint idea rocked..the kids were really excited !! an no matter what you ask the kids to do..write, draw, speak..it’ll all revolve arounf their MAD teachers..that means a lot I guess
    I have to say YMCA will soon be in the league of Holy Ghost on student teacher relationship :)

7. Paul says

whoa!!thats a major compliment now guys!!
    oh and Jr,you’ve managed to write two posts without making fun of anyone..major achievement!!Congrats[:P]!!
    I thought the card idea wouldn’t go down well,which is why it was pushed off till last,but I guess the kids really eanjoyed it.They were really excitedly drawing a wide range of stuff.Some of them are majorly(not a word…i know[:P]) talented.Is there some way we can promote the artists maybe?

8. Paul says

whoa!!thats a major compliment now guys!!

Err.. Paulie boy, I guess you missed the Football Conversation part.. (ten second gap)

Anyhow, they get promoted at school as it is… But I guess getting promoted at the in-the-offing MAD Youth Festival would be a bonus… :D

11. natasha says

yeah major compliment!(thanks jithin)
    such fun for farewell!!!!…….even we had a nice one at holygost…wondering whn riz will put te post!

12. natasha says

yeah major compliment!(thanks jithin)

Yep.. I’ve been wondering (and asking) the same thing for the last couple of days..

Riz has agreed to a timeline of two days.. :D