Family Reunion

Funny thing happened today…

At the Holy Ghost camp a couple of weeks back, when Jithin was doing his Mad intros, he introduced me and said I taught at YMCA in passing..

I figured nobody was paying close enough attention, but apparently someone was..

At the end of the day, as I was packing up and preparing to leave, one of the girls, Kausalya, if I’m not wrong, came up, quite timidly, and asked me if I indeed did teach at YMCA.. And I said, “Yeah, why?”

She asked me if I knew Abhimanyu.. Her brother, apparently… I faintly remembered one of my Level 1 guys mentioning a little guy of the name, and telling me how impossible a prankster he was and all.. But since I don’t actually teach Level 1, I didn’t know for sure..

So I took my lap, and pulled up the YMCA Christmas celebration pics.. And there he was !! Making faces at the camera, pulling out Santa’s beard, generally running around, he was there in most of the pics.. :)

She was so happy that she called all her friends and they all crowded around to take a closer look at his antics and tut-tut him and all.. :)

Before I left, she asked me to tell Abhimanyu when I saw him, that I had run into his sister, and that if he didn’t behave, she would knock some manners into him when they met :) (not kidding)

She reminded me again the second day of the camp as well, and said “Cheta, marakkalle” before I left that night…

And I’d completely forgotten about it…

Today, as part of the New Year spirit and all, Arun, Prakash and Sumit, my Level 1 guys were doing some group activity or the other, and since I’d already finished off my class, I joined them..

I saw Abhimanyu there, and remembered…

So I told him I’d run into his sister a couple of weeks back..

And, man, was he happy..!! He jumped up and down around me for five minutes, clapping his hands, and telling his friends what had happened..

I dint tell him about the disciplining part though.. It just felt too good acting messenger between the brother and sister who apparently hadn’t seen each other in a long time..

Going to Holy Ghost this Saturday.. Have to tell Kausalya that her brother said Hi… :)

Comments

1. Rizwana Tharola says

JR This one brought tears in my eyes :( ‘i dnt knw why i kinda felt personal mayb its bcoz i am a sis and have 2 bros who i miss so much :( or cud be bcoz kausalya is my student,she is really so special,one thing i love about her is her enthu she has,the want to learn and she always tries her best to speak in english :),she is special :) and Jr she is one who did the snake dance :)

2. Rizwana Tharola says

Whoa ! Inter orphanage meet as in all Mad Inter Orphanage meet..??

Sounds great, not to mention impossible, and supremely cool among others..

Though, have to say, considering a few of Mad’s most prolific are leaving by the end of this year or the next, and some of our oldest kids as well, it would’ve been so apt.. Gotta have a barbecue with the kids.. :)

Think it can be pulled off Mr. Prez??

Whoa ! Inter orphanage meet as in all Mad Inter Orphanage meet..??

Sounds great, not to mention impossible, and supremely cool among others..

Think it can be pulled off Mr. Prez??

And, @ Riz,

Oh yeah, the incredible snake dance, yeah that’s her..
    But lemme tell you, I had a great day today… Felt right somehow.. I love Wednesdays.. :)

PS : Somebody should enforce bedtimes in Mad.. This is getting too late !!

And, @ Riz,

Oh yeah, the incredible snake dance, yeah that’s her..

PS : Somebody should enforce bedtimes in Mad.. This is getting too late !!

7. meril says

So Jr..,u can write neat stuff huh???
    ( i hate to admit , but this ones superb!!)
    felt good reading it :)

8. meril says

So Jr..,u can write neat stuff huh???
    ( i hate to admit , but this ones superb!!)
    felt good reading it :)

9. nishant says

wow!! wonderfull..am thinking to make a movie with this theme………..superb…!!jithin has shown us that volunteers can also be messengers….inter orphanage meet!!is definitely a gud idea

10. nishant says

11. Paul says

dood….!!u myt be an ass….but ur a good ass…hehe
    great stuff man….!!almost brought tears to my eyes….
    very good…!

12. Paul says

dood….!!u myt be an ass….but ur a good ass…hehe
    great stuff man….!!almost brought tears to my eyes….
    very good…!

13. abid says

U bcame a kind of messenger which we usually see in films or fairy tales ,, Blood Bonding …. i must say is a gift given by God

14. abid says

You know, I almost dint tell this story.. But I remembered Jithin telling me that we needed to tell our stories, and that’s what the blog was for..
    Anyhow, I’m glad I did.. And I’m sure there are myriads of other such stories out there too..
    Btw, going to Holy Ghost tomo.. Will let you guys know what happens.. :)

Btw, going to Holy Ghost tomo.. Will let you guys know what happens.. :)

Oh hey,

I saw Kausalya this Saturday.. She was running around preparing for the dance or something..

Anyhow, told her what’d happened… Made her happy I think.. :)

Yayy, Mission Accomplished !!!

Oh hey,

Anyhow, told her what’d happened… Made her happy I think.. :)

Yayy, Mission Accomplished !!!