Dummy diaries 1

26.12.08: HG MAD Camp

My official MAD camp and 2nd(!!) day at MAD. :)

Met a lottta volunteers and me spent 1 hr totally clueless as to what to do.Then came in my bro who said that theyre in dire need for some assistance from somebody short(grr!!)(went out wid him , again clueless as to whats in store for me)

Varki Demonstrates (only)
Varki Demonstrates (only)

Varki was all smiles..(errr..,tws an evil grin actually). He asked me if i could do the monkey gliding. Me feeling all important said, yes i’d do that, no probs.Climbed up the platform(or whatever its called) wid papa monkey’s(varki) guidance.

He wid his sheepish grin buckled up the safety belts on me and he went down(now i know Y) and said jump!!

me:   what?? :O

he:   jump

me:  oh, u mean, hold the pulley and the bar and jump??

he:  No, just jump.

me:  as in freefall??

he:  ((sheepishness changes to a W-I-D-Er grin)). yes.jump

me:  No way!!!

he:  Edi listen, just jump.Even if u fall, nothing bad is gonna happen

me:  oh really?

he:  Common girl, atmost u’ll die.But u get to die in the arms o a founder member of MAD.

me:  u r one of em??(i din kno)

he:  ((pride turns to a seriously “injured” look)) yes. now jump

((and he kept rambling and rambling in order to inspire me to jump!!))

me:   can i hold onto something??

he:   NO.see, the whole purpose is to check if the safety belt would snap off!!

me:  W-H-A-T??!!!!

he:   so jump now!! if we let something happen to one of the girls, we’re screwed(MAD spirit),but wid u its ok.

me:  fine then, im jumping.

******_______and i jumped_______*****

he:    Oh Good, it din snap off.

U are the official dummy of MAD from now on.. :D

me:  ((a day well spent and i din break any bones)) :D

and guess what???, in the end, the girls did the monkey gliding without the safety belts on.. (funny, i risked getting my bones broken all in vain)

Comments

1. meril says

ughmmm!!!,, all u pl out there are totally MAD ; felt at home being there :D lol
    Looking out for more crazy stuff to do in future.. :)

2. meril says

Looking out for more crazy stuff to do in future.. :)

More importantly, we, at MAD are reputed of putting our safety on the line for the sake of our kids..

Oh wait, or rather, just Meril’s safety on the line for the kids.. :P :D

Oh wait, or rather, just Meril’s safety on the line for the kids.. :P :D

5. feb says

There were safety belts!!!! hw cme i dint knw abt it ??:(
    short version f my story
    harsha: jump febin
    me: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh……………… (thup!!)

nyways .. merl next time plzz rem the xtrmly mad n dumb volunteer like me n risk ur life 4 our safety too..!!!!

6. feb says

There were safety belts!!!! hw cme i dint knw abt it ??:(
    short version f my story
    harsha: jump febin
    me: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh……………… (thup!!)

Hey Feb.. There was a reason why we dint use the safety belts..

Suppose you HAD put on the safety belt and jumped, this is what would have happened :

Harsha : Jump Febin
    Febin : Ah, Ok, I’m protected by safet… . (Thup!!)

he he he

Hey Feb.. There was a reason why we dint use the safety belts..

Harsha : Jump Febin
    Febin : Ah, Ok, I’m protected by safet… . (Thup!!)

he he he

9. meril says

@feb, yes dear there were “safety” belts .., and din anyone tell u that ure not supsd to let go off the bar mid- swing??
    @jr.., u din even jump!!

10. meril says

@jr.., u din even jump!!

Oh Ok, like does anybody still remember that I was terminally ill during the camp..

Food poisoning, viral fever.. Together !!

I still came dint I?? Jeez, and then I get criticism too.. :P :D

Food poisoning, viral fever.. Together !!

I still came dint I?? Jeez, and then I get criticism too.. :P :D

13. Gloria says

hahahahaha!! (doubled over on the floor…laughing obviously)…trust Varkey to do something like that!….Neat post meril! :)

15. meril says

Hiee Gloriaa… :)
    aaand..,Im not trusting him nemore. done is done… :)
    who knows, probably next time he’ll end up putting those belts on my neck and make me jump!!

16. meril says

Hiee Gloriaa… :)
    aaand..,Im not trusting him nemore. done is done… :)