Reflections

There used to be a time in life when things were all about me..

I still remember my 10th, I had a ball of a time at tutions and in class with nary a worry but the distant boards…

And then when the results came though there were no flying colours; though none of them was black either…

And so i continued with my happy go lucky life..i was so happy and believed myself so lucky that i nearly flunked my 11th… If not for my pristine record as a good student(yea i was a good student in the distant past) i would have had to do a repeat performance..

And unlike movies..i really dont think one should do a repeat with ones 11th…so now u would think i learned my lesson…

Oh NO !! 12th was yet another round of merrymaking..involving myself in all the ego clashes with the worthless set of boys( yea they r still worthless as far as i am concerned)and what nots…

Looking back I see a life most of you must have led…great parents,cool friends and superb school the only downs would probably be, that flunked maths paper(for me it was quite frequent)……

And college for me was no different..and yea I got rid of those boys by going to an all girls coll..yet again it was more fun and games for me..during the first few months in college I realized that there was more to the city I was brought up in than I realized….aaahhhh..those were the days…yet deep within me..i knew…despite everything, I am but a selfish product of my upbringing..OH NO, my folks did the best they could..made me go to church , taught me right from wrong..the works…

when did I change?? what made me look into myself ..i dont know..but I do remember the day Jithin came to coll with his long talk and even longer presentation(yea..he used to do it then too)and now u might think I joined for the heck of it..but here guys, you are wrong..

MAD just was there when I most needed it… The fact is by the second year, I wanted more out of life and I dont mean more of window shopping and hours at coffee shops gossiping..

I wanted more from life..and more importantly..i wanted to do something in life…and MAD helped me take that step..

The more I have thought of my family and the way I was brought up..i was more aware of how much those kids on the streets missed out on…

And time and again I have thought..and still think ,it is our duty and responsibility as human beings to give them a helping hand..

Its not through any virtue of ours we are born to our folks, nor their fault they are born to theirs..its perhaps the quirk of fate(if u believe in such drivel)..but the point remains…we should do what we must..my question is…are you doing what u should?

Oh I wont say I am a great person now..i am still that selfish girl who loves to have fun and hang out .Yet along with all this I am aware and I am doing my duty..

And this gives me peace..and hope ..hope that some day I shall be a better person than now…..

Comments

Yeah, we all share that opinion pretty much Rose..
    :D
    And for the record, it’s I guess a repeat of everybody’s experience..
    Mad changes you for good !!

Yeah, we all share that opinion pretty much Rose..
    :D
    And for the record, it’s I guess a repeat of everybody’s experience..
    Mad changes you for good !!

3. Gloria says

You just proved the ‘crazy’ bit right here, Rose hehehe!! But a really neat post!! :)

4. Gloria says

@ Rose: Things here are going great girl!! …Are we supposed to chat on this thread??? If yes, then..how is your appurathe vittilae velakaran?!! :D

6. rose says

hey..am nnot sure abt the chatting part..but until jr or sr puts a stop to it i guess its okay…
    which velakaran!!! :)

7. rose says

which velakaran!!! :)

8. pooja says

velakaran…. Remember the one u were telling me..u were mad in love with…Wat was his name…gloria…..are u referring to the Velakaran on the Right side of her house or left side ? i think she is more serious abt the one on the left side…!! wat do u think ?

9. pooja says

What in the name of good blogging gods is going on here ??!!
    Err, Rose, Glo, Pooja and all other bunnies, this IS the public face of MAD, eh??
    All velakaran issue to be debated only, as in ONLY, (ONLY) on the orkut community please…
    :D

What in the name of good blogging gods is going on here ??!!
    :D

12. fayas says

voila!!! Rose with a blog!! niceee..
    ahh gr8 to nw u still hav the craziness in ya ;-)
    cheers

13. fayas says

voila!!! Rose with a blog!! niceee..
    ahh gr8 to nw u still hav the craziness in ya ;-)
    cheers

14. Pooja says

come on jithin !! Velakaran here !!! pretty please ?? I like this place more than the community.. Its got STYLE …lol !!

Then rose Velakaran … behind your house…oh the one who has a Kutty Meesha ?? hehehe :)

15. Pooja says

Precisely !! It’s got style..!! I mean, considering who the admin is.. :D

And a LOT of people are gonna see it aren’t they??

So, do you want people to see Rose and her tryst with local Velakarans, or something more pleasent??

Orkut comm, Pooja??

And, how come you ain’t posting anything? Thought you were quite the writer.. !!

Precisely !! It’s got style..!! I mean, considering who the admin is.. :D

And a LOT of people are gonna see it aren’t they??

Orkut comm, Pooja??

18. Pooja says

Its got style and that exactly why i belong here..

Ppl in mad are mad enough to understand this..Orkut every1 has access..this is like fun plus sweet.plus…nice stuff in short :)

And so hereby, i will still ask rose about her velakaran !

Me write please…u very well know im the last one to write..and plus every1 has written so much..that i feel ntn is left :( sniff sniff…

19. Pooja says

Its got style and that exactly why i belong here..

And so hereby, i will still ask rose about her velakaran !

Errr.. Pooja, Newsflash??
    Orkut comm is only accessible to orkut users, but the blog is accessible to any, as in ANY, Netizen.. :)

And, c’mon.. We always want to hear new perspectives of stuff, so do lemme know if the inspiration strikes to write..

Errr.. Pooja, Newsflash??

22. rose says

(jithin..4 the sake of all those mad ppl and non maddies who are following this velakaran series i am obliged to reply )

@pooja
    no love..the velakaran with the kutti meesha is the one on my left(u preferred him not me)..i mean the one behind my house…the one who has the long hair..and wears Levi jeans(no sure abt the jean..but thought i will add the style element):)

@jithin
    sweeite i think i should do a post on the differnt velakarans….everyone seems to get confused..wat do u think :P

23. rose says

@pooja

@jithin

24. rose says

oh no jithin…don be s spoil sport..ur thoughts and opinions are important …in fact more so than the fictitious velakaran…..now dont pout …it doesn become u!!

25. rose says

26. Pooja says

please!! this is where rose and i belong !! velakaran matter is so crucial..men !! they never understand right rose ??

Jithin, when something strikes somebody else would steal it…life is just not fare!!!

And rose…the long hair ..levis jeans (at least he wears something ) impressive!! My prayers !!

27. Pooja says

(Sigh) F-A-I-R Pooja, not fa-RE..
    Why do you people make me edit so much??

And hey, new blog rule..
    Only people who actually write on this blog have the freedom to discuss velakaran issues..
    :D

(Sigh) F-A-I-R Pooja, not fa-RE..
    Why do you people make me edit so much??

And hey, new blog rule..
    :D

30. Pooja says

oh sorry…fair :) gosh!! u freak!!

NEW RULE : Jithin jr can no longer make any rules.. (he sounds like the king of this blog :) )

please, no one is forced to write..remember this is a Voluntary organization …Jithin the pres will support this :)

Btw rose….wats happening ??

31. Pooja says

oh sorry…fair :) gosh!! u freak!!

Btw rose….wats happening ??

32. Rose says

ooohhh…2 days..i mean thats like how many hrs…48 hr..i am not around ..these 2 are at each other

lets compromise poo..i kinda like jr..and i don think we should hurt his tender sensibilities 4 a fictitious velakaran right

abt the other one..”only those who write on the blog can only do comments”..sorry jr..here i am with poo..not all of us are gifted like u…so lets both of us stick to givin dry comments on those who write..after ll those who comment will have to read..and we need some one too read too naah?